Monday 18 April 2016

Frida's Flowers CAL Part 1

I have yet to finish my Lily Pond blanket (all the individual pieces are finished, I just have to put them all together!) but I could not resist starting the Frida's Flowers Blanket, both of which were designed by the very talented Jane Crowfoot.  I figured that once I had finished each part I could do my Lily Pond inbetween.  Makes sense right?!

Colours used here are Meadow, Ivory and Fuchsia Purple
 
Both patterns are free to download from the Stylecraft webpage as well as the pattern for the Frida's Flowers Project Bag which I am not doing...yet! I do love it though and it was specifically designed so you can keep your Frida's Flowers project in it.  I am trying very hard to not buy any more wool but the temptation is always there. 

The desire for more wool is always strong!

I am using the Stylecraft Special DK pack which is always great to work with.  I got my pack from Topstitchcrafts which has free delivery and has both the cotton and special dk pack in stock (when I last checked anyway).

The chart below shows the colour combinations.



So having finished Part 1, I can honestly say I think I am going to really enjoy doing this crochet along, and dare I say it even more than the Lily Pond. 

The fuchsia purple is such a pretty colour





I found that I preferred to do all the flower centre pieces first so I was able to get a bit of rhythm going without having to keep looking at the pattern and also so I could put meadow and ivory away.  I also think (for me anyway) that it stops me from getting bored.  I then alternated doing a full cosmos and a half cosmos.

Here's to Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment