Friday 16 October 2015

Anniversary Treat

Ok well I haven't posted anything for a while but I am making a new resolution that I will post a new post on my blog at least once a month, with hopefully having a new post every week which is my ultimate goal! 

I thought I would write about my hubby and I's visit to York at the end of August for our wedding anniversary (2 whole years!) as I think it is such a wonderful city and we visited to purely take in all the tourist spots which, unforgivably on my part as we live 30 minutes from the York, I have never actually done before (I'm afraid I have only frequented the shops and bars in the past!!)

The first place we visited was Clifford Tower which I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the city.  It was bizarre as it's pretty much in the centre of the city.  You turn a street corner and you are met with a piece of history.



The views of the city from the top of the tower are well worth the entrance fee.



York Minister
We then went on a lovely relaxing cruise along the river...although I did get slightly sunburnt as it was sooo hot that day! It was worth it though as I got some great photos.



It's a ice-cream boat/van! Loved this!
It's a cow! (NB: I love cows!!)


We then visited York Minister which was truly magnificent.  I am not a religious person at all but I appreciate great architecture when I see it.  I was in awe at this building and found it to be a very photogenic building.  A strange thing to say I know but when you see the photos I think you will know what I mean! I took a lot of photos inside and out of the Minister and could have happily taken more.




 
We also visited the Yorvik Viking Centre but were incredibly disappointed...the only good thing was the gift shop when we bought a nice bottle of traditional mead!

We also had a lovely afternoon tea during the day. While in York this is just something you must do and let's face it tea + scones + clotted cream is a great combination!



Hubby and I enjoying a lovely ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment